Saturday, September 21, 2013

Triangles Everywhere!

I'm loving the Hex n More ruler, as well as the Toes in the Sand pattern. Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I stink at lining up points. I am more into the whole inprov idea. This is why I usually steer away from these types of projects. Using this ruler makes it super easy. There are a few types of shapes that are cut from strips, and then sewn together. They just end up lining up. I think this one is my favorite.

image

Excuse the shadow! Its rainy outside today, so not much natural light around here.

The best part of making this quilt is that you make two triangles at a time. I am definitely stressing out about which fabrics to put together, but trying to take it one step at a time. I figure that I'll make one, then get the treat of picking the fabrics for the next one. Super fun!
This is where I am so far:

image

I'm taking a break this afternoon for a little improvisational piecing. Photos to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment