Monday, September 9, 2013

Fabric Shopping

I was checking out the classes at my local quilt shop the other day and saw the class for this fantastic quilt by Jaybird Quilts. Its called Toes in the Sand. I had purchased the Hex N More ruler a while back, but hadn't made anything with it yet. After all the fun I had with the curve ruler, I thought I'd give this one a try. 

Untitled

The pattern calls for 51 fat eighths. I figured that 26 fat quarters would probably do, but I couldn't find that many in my stash that all looked good together. I always get nervous at the prospect of picking out fabric. I usually wimp out and go with something similar to what the pattern uses, but this time I wanted to just go for it. 
I took a ride up to The Quilt Shop in Danbury today. What a lovely shop, chock full of fabrics. They even have shopping carts. I started piling up the bolts until they were about to tip over. Lois was super helpful as she is just finishing up the sample for the class. I wanted to use mostly modern, geometric designs, with some solids and florals thrown in there. After nearly two hours, this is what I came up with. 

Untitled


I love the blues and greens with the orange and pink. I'm a little nervous about how I am going to arrange this, but I think its best to just dive in. Stay tuned!




0 comments:

Post a Comment