Friday, September 6, 2013

Quilt As You Go

Sorry its been so long since my last post. Those last weeks of summer got busy with my girls being home. Not much crafting was going on around here. Now school is back, and I was able to try out a technique that I have been wanting to try for a while. Quilt As You Go or QAYG as they like to call it. You basically make the quilt sandwich first, laying the batting out onto the backing. Then as you sew the on top, and quilt each as you go. Its a great way to make straight line quilting look more interesting. Each piece can go in a different direction. 

I am a member of the Westport Young Womens League, and a while back I was asked to make something to be raffled off at the first meeting of the year. I had seen this pattern by Elizabeth Hartman, so I thought I'd give it a go. My friend Kathy has the most amazing embroidery machine, she did the logo for me. Here is the finished product, don't look too closely, but I'm happy with the result. 

Untitled

More photos tomorrow in the daylight!


0 comments:

Post a Comment