Friday, February 7, 2014

What have I been up to

Even though I haven't been posting doesn't mean that I haven't been doing anything crafty. Did I mention that I started a chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild? We are called the Southern Connecticut Modern Quilt Guild, check out the blog

I've been sewing and knitting these days. I'm happy to report that I finished another sweater using my favorite yarn of all time, Plucky Knitter Traveller Sport. 


Its hard to see the color in my sunny kitchen, but its a lovely turquoise blue. The pattern is called Rolling Rock by Thea Coleman. 

I also got around to finishing my Pickle Dish, finally! I don't want to sew another curve for a long time!


Now I have to decide what to do with it. I'll probably use this as the center, and do some sort of border all around. I'll see what the girls at the guild meeting think tomorrow. Last but not least, I finished my Riley Blake Challenge for the Modern Quilt Guild. I made a big boo boo so ended up thread painting a star in the middle. Lets just say, make sure you are using water soluble marking pen before you mark your fabric! I won't be doing that again. 



Next project, paper pieced stars. Photos to come. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment