Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rhinebeck

My sewing machine had to go in for her annual physical this week. I'm feeling a little strange without her. Its definitely giving me time to catch up on my knitting, so not a bad thing.
This weekend was The New York Sheep and Wool festival, or lovingly known as Rhinebeck. The past three years I have gone with my friend Nathalie, my great friend, and former business partner. We usually sign up for all sorts of classes. We have taken dying with natural dyes, weaving, felting, improvisational crochet, spinning, you name it. This year she couldn't make it, but fear not, she is visiting with her boys next weekend for Halloween. They will get to experience the real thing, not the London equivalent. I can't wait! Lets get back to Rhinebeck. I went with my fabulous knitting buddies. We got up at the crack of dawn and arrived at the fairgrounds at 9:00. We said we wouldn't buy anything, but as they say "famous last words". We ended up standing in line at Miss Babs for an hour to pay for our Albers scarf kits. I saw this and had to make it! It not only is based on a Joseph Albers painting, it is log cabin blocks. The colors are so me. Here is a photo from home.


Untitled

How much do I love these colors! Can't wait to start!

We did a lot of walking, did the usual Artichokes French, and saw some beautiful sheep.


Untitled

Also, check out this nativity scene, all felted. How cool!


Untitled

0 comments:

Post a Comment