Monday, August 12, 2013

Handmade by Michelle

Welcome to Handmade All Around, my new blog all about things made by me. I've been making things for most of my life. I started out making model airplanes and cars, and then it was on to knitting. I think that I found my niche with fiber. I like to say that I am good with anything that involves a string. So, thats what this blog is going to be about, my adventures in crafting, mostly knitting and sewing, with some cooking thrown in there and who knows what else! 

Let me tell you a few things about myself before I get started. I used own a yarn shop when I lived in London, then we moved back to CT four years ago. I started sewing quite a bit, mostly pillows and clothing. I want to try it all, pattern making, draping, quilting, and anything new that I can learn. I like to figure it out myself if possible. I also like to cook, so don't be surprised if there are a few foodie things thrown in for fun. When I am out and see something pretty such as jewelry,clothing, or accessories, my first thought is "I could make that", and often times I go home and try it out. 

So here I go. I have a few projects on the go, and hope to get them up here over the next couple of days. In the meantime, check out my Finished Projects page so see what I have been up to. 





1 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog. The beautiful colors on your page add to the fun. -- Lori

    ReplyDelete