Saturday, August 17, 2013

A New Quilt and Pillows



A little while back I fell in love with the Play a Card pattern from Zen Chic. I had a couple of charm packs from Simply Color, which seemed to be a perfect match. The colors are fantastic. Its a super easy pattern where the charm squares are cut in half and joined with a white strip in the center. 

Untitled


Once they are all finished, the fun part begins. Trying to decide which one to put where so that the same fabrics don't end up next to each other. 

Untitled

I've improvised a design wall by putting up Command hooks, and hanging a flannel sheet. It sort of works, but when I have to open the door, things don't stick as well. I must make something more sturdy, but thats for another day. 

This quilt was pretty large, so I sent it out to a long arm quilter and had an allover design quilted onto it. The result is very professional, but I feel guilty as it doesn't look as if I made it. In the end, it looks fantastic on my bed though!

Untitled

Since I am lazy on most days, I decided that I would mostly use the quilt at the end of the bed. It was looking a little boring though, and then I found this photo on Pinterest. Doesn't the chevron look like a perfect match? As usual, I decided that I could make that, so I took out my handy color card, matched up a solid, and ordered more of the chevron. I added an invisible zipper on the side, and here it is, a new look for my bed. 


Untitled


You can get a good look at the quilting in this one. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment