Sunday, November 24, 2013

Toes In The Sand Progress

I've finally finished piecing my Toes in the Sand top. All thats left to do is put some sashing around it. The pattern calls for it only on the sides, but I've planned all along to have it all around. It will make it more balanced in my eyes.

I think this will be the last time that I follow a pattern for a quilt. I want to start being more creative, and unlike a sweater that has to fit someones body, a quilt doesn't. I enjoyed using the Hex And More ruler, and will definitely use it in the future. I'm also planning on doing some interesting quilting here, so it will be an exercise for me in that aspect. 

The big excitement with this project is that I will be using my fabulous new sewing machine to quilt it. More to come in a future post!


Untitled

0 comments:

Post a Comment